Friday, October 23, 2009

New Children's Books Publications

As a parent, I am often in search of new and exciting books for children. My son started out as an avid reader, absorbing just about any book that I put in front of him, but as he grew older, his taste became more selective. As a resut, I have found myself searching through endless shelves of library books, browing countless online bookstores and perusing multiple suggested reading lists for anything that I can find that might pique his interest. Unfortunately, I have often come up empty handed, and it is especially more difficult to find Islamic reading materials for children that does not have to be shipped from overseas.

I am therefore pleased to share that Creative Education and Publishing has published several childrens books on various topics and reading levels. Some of the titles are: Community Service, Sarah and the Doll, How Do We Thank Allah and Kindness To Animals.

My own first attempt at children's book writing entitled Sameerah's Hijab and The First Day of School has also been published by Creative Education and Publishing and is available for purchase with the above mentioned titles on the Mindworks Publishing website.

Sister Fatimah Ibrahim has also written a book which will be part of a series of books similar to the Nancy Drew mysteries but with a science element included. The first installment, YaYa and The Mystery Squad includes science experiments that children can enjoy for themselves and will soon be available for purchase here.

Some books that have brought my son hours of enjoyable reading which I hope may do the same for your children are:

The Majic Treehouse Series

Nate the Great

Arthur

and The Majic School Bus

Happy Reading and I hope you find these books beneficial!

The Mindworks Family



No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Reminders

Psalm 145:8-9 The Lord is Gracious and Merciful
The Lord is Gracious and Merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. The Lord is good to all, and His Compassion is over all that He has made.

Matthew 11:28 Gentleness and Humility
“Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Surah 33:21 Beautiful Pattern of Conduct
Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern of conduct for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of Allah.

Sahih Muslim, Book Unknown: Changing an Evil Action
“Whosoever of you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand; and if he is not able to do so, then with his tongue; and if he is not able to do so, then with his heart; and that is the weakest of faith.”


Bookmark and Share

Reading Recommendations:

Widget_logo

GoodReads

GoodReads
love reading? visit goodreads!

Shelter for Homeless Families

Help for Haiti

Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do